|If a student states that he/she has submitted a paper but it is not in your inbox, please request the digital receipt from your student.|
Digital Receipt: This automatically appears on-screen after a successful submission to Turnitin. The digital receipt is also emailed to the student. If a digital receipt is not received at any point, then the paper was not successfully submitted to Turnitin.
2. By clicking View under the Actions column, this will direct you to the Assignment Inbox.
3.Click on the percentage score under the Similarity heading.
4. The Originality Report will open in a new window.
Turnitin does not tell Instructors whether a paper has or has not been plagiarized. Originality Reports are just useful tools to help instructors locate potential sources of plagiarism, or text which may have been incorrectly cited. The percentage indicates the overall similarity based on how much matching text was found between the submitted file & Turnitin databases, it is ranging between 0% to 100% as shown in the photo below.
The higher the similarity score, the greater the amount of similar text came up in the Originality Report. the highlighted text in your document is color coded and numbered to match the sources on the right.
The "Match Overview" is a list of sources color coded and ordered from highest to lowest that have the greatest matches with the submitted paper on the right sidebar. Each highlighted & numbered text on the left, is referred to on the "Match Overview" box on the right sidebar.
1. To view the Match Overview, click the red similarity score from the similarity toolbar.
2. All matches are displayed within the panel. A list of matches will be displayed in descending order.
3. To access each match in more detail, click the arrow to the right of each similarity percentage. The match breakdown will display all sources identified for each match.
4. To view the sources on-paper, either click on any source in the Match Overview, a pop up box will appear on the paper, telling the source that matched the text or click the number located left of the highlighted text. To read the full source text, click the book icon in the top right-hand corner of the box, the full source will appear on the right side panel. You can also access this source using the URL by clicking the source hyperlink in either the source box or side panel.
In the All Sources view, you can see all the matches found including those appeared in the Match Overview between the paper and Turnitin repositories sorted by highest percentage match.
To view all sources, click the icon from the similarity toolbar.
Supported formats for quotations that Turnitin will recognise them:
Turnitin will detect the following keywords and disregard any matches after any of them:
You can exclude sources that are below either a word count or a percentage.
it is sometimes beneficial to generate a new Similarity Report for a student submission at a later date to see if there are any new matching sources, or to ensure that it checks against later submissions made by other students or other classes.
Note: your previous similarity report will be overwritten
1. Click the Filter icon from the similarity toolbar.
2. Click the New Report button at the bottom to generate a new report.
1. Click the red similarity score from the similarity toolbar.
2. To access each match in more detail, click the arrow next to the relevant similarity percentage.
3. At the bottom of the Match Breakdown panel, click the Exclude Sources button
4. Select the source(s)you would like to exclude from the report, and click the Exclude button.
5. This will recalculate the similarity score.
1. Click the All Sources icon from the similarity toolbar.
2. Click the Exclude Sources button at the bottom.
3. Select the sources that you would like to exclude from the report.
4.Click the Exclude button.
1. To view sources that have been excluded from the similarity report, click the exclude icon from the similarity toolbar.
2. You will find a list of excluded sources, select the relevant sources & click either the Restore button to restore only some of the excluded sources or the Restore All button to restore the excluded sources in the list.